Monday, March 9, 2009

About Me


Because this is my shiny, new blog, I decided to let my readers (like I have any) learn a little more about me.

1.) I am a neat freak. It annoys me when things are dirty or out of place. Someone once told me that it was one of my worse qualities. I still giggle when I think about it, because I believe it's one of my best.

2.) I am way into politics.

3.) I used to watch the news all the time, but because of resent developments (the crappy economy and presidential election) I don't watch it near as much. I don't like being depressed.

4.) I played basketball up until my sophomore year in high school. It wasn't because I was good (because I sucked) but because I had so much fun. I only quit after the drama became too much and it was no longer enjoyable.

5.) I am the oldest of six children. Family gatherings are wild, crazy, and fun.

6.) I still hold grudges against certain towns because of events that happened involving sports. I was way into that stuff in high school.

7.) My parents drive-way looks like a used car lot when all us kids are home. It entertains me to no end.

8.) My dog, Jake Henry, was really aggressive when we rescued him in June 2007. He is now friendly and sweet.

9.) Jake is also a Border Collie and has the tendency to chase anything, even shadows.

10.) I had never before watched a full football game until January 8, 2009 when I watched the BCS championship with my amazing boyfriend. I normally have Football ADD but I forced myself to pay attention because he liked it. I actually had fun.

11.) I hate blow drying my hair, but I do it every day. Most the time I exclaim, "I absolutely hate blow drying my hair" before getting to work. I hope to someday get over this... or stop blow drying my hair.

12.) I'm really close to my family, but they drive me crazy at the same time.

13.) I will do anything for the ones I love. I truly enjoy taking care of other people... If you ever need anything, feel free to call me. I'll be there to help.

14.) My parents house is always loud and exciting... My apartment is too often quite and lonely. I miss always have someone around.

15.) My little brother, Clay, once said a cuss word when we were little. I can't remember what he said, but I black-mailed him for weeks. He ended up carrying me, my sisters, and my friend's backpacks to school everyday for several weeks.

16.) I had never before dated a cowboy/rancher/farmer until Colby... Now I'm so glad that I made an exception and gave him a chance. He's amazing. :D

17.) I really really like Christmas decorations, but I want them to be done my way. My family calls me the Christmas Tree Nazi.

18.) George Washington is my favorite president. I totally would have voted for him. :D

19.) I am half way getting my double major in History and Political Science... but I really don't know what I'm going to do after I graduate. I'm seriously thinking about going to law school.

20.) I attended the Oklahoma School of Science and Math for a year. It forever changed my life.

21.) I am a hardcore student. I work very hard to make sure that I have perfect grades, but I sometimes still have nightmares that I'm not going to know anything on the test. (All thanks to OSSM.)

22.) My baby sister, Jamey, is fourteen years younger than me. We shared a twin bed for two years when I was in high school. I love the little squirt, but she's hard to sleep with.

23.) I didn't shed one tear at my high school graduation. My face did hurt from smiling though.

24.) I'm a very mature twenty-year old.

25.) I'm not really sure if I should let my family in on my new blog. I'm enjoying the secretiveness of it all right now.

2 comments:

Rare Tuna said...

Thanks Marla, Cute dog!

The Grown Up Teenager said...

"I still hold grudges against certain towns because of events that happened involving sports. I was way into that stuff in high school."

YES! No one from the city understands this. You are bred to hate people just because they're from a different school that beat yours in *insert sport name here*.

"I had never before dated a cowboy/rancher/farmer until Colby... Now I'm so glad that I made an exception and gave him a chance. He's amazing. :D"

Country boys for the win. *kicks up her cowboy boots*

Thanks for the comments on my blog. Now I'm going to have to keep an eye on yours. ;)