Thursday, April 30, 2009

Reflections?

I think I'm going to change the name of my blog. I never really liked "Got Marla?" and only stuck with it because I couldn't think of anything else.

I want a nice, memorable name. It needs to be something that is broad and can apply to many different situations. I have no idea what direction this blog might take, so I want it to be applicable to different situations.

I've been thinking about Reflections of Marla. What do you all think?


_____________________
Now it's time for Thursday Thunks, one of my favorite memes of the week. Be sure to check out the other blogs that participated this week.

1. What color is your front door?

White and totally boring.

2. We discussed our folks in previous TT so now tell me about your siblings. If you are an only child, tell me whether or not you wanted siblings, older, younger etc.
I am actually the oldest of six. Yeah. I have one of those really big, crazy families that would make an absolute amazing sitcom. They are a blessing, but also sometimes they drive me insane.

3. What color/type butterfly is your favorite?
I actually don't have a favorite kind of butterfly. Is that normal? I like the big, pretty ones.

4. Will you be celebrating Cinco De Mayo?
No. I will be taking a hardcore final over the French Revolution.

5. Oprah- love her, hate her, or don't care?
Sometimes I watch her in the afternoon when she's discussing something really interesting, but I don't really like her. My family (and the boyfriend) are involved in the cattle industry and I think I'm still supposed to hate her for her comments back in the 90s about ranching techniques.

6. Are you worried about the spread of swine flu?
Not really, but I'm not planning any trips to Mexico and have been washing my hands extra lately.

7. Hard or soft pillows?
Soft. I like thin pillows too.

8. How many trees are in your neighbor's yard?
I live in a lame apartment duplex. I have no idea how many trees are in our "yard," much less theirs.

9. What was the color of the last car you saw?
I'll say that was mine... so black.

10. When does your driver's license expire?
I think 2012. It's a long while from now.

11. Look at the clock on your computer and type the numbers backwards.
22:1

12. When you put your pants on, what leg do you put in first?
The right one?

13. How would you respond to this letter if you were an advice columnist.

I am an ugly woman. I was an ugly baby and child even! It is a fact. I am 36 now and I have never had a boyfriend, and I am still a virgin.

Due to me not having men in my life, I have poured everything I have in to education and my career. At 36 I am the youngest (and first female CEO) at a big, successful, tech company. I have over 200 personal patents and millions of pounds in investments.

I have everything: huge house, holiday villa in Spain, 3 cars, power boat, a race horse, etc. but as much I try to talk myself into everything being “great” I cannot help but to miss that special someone to share it all with.

Most of my friends are married with kids and I feel like I am gradually drifting away from them also.

Where can I find someone to marry an ugly woman?

Really, I think this woman's biggest problem would be the way she sees herself. She obviously thinks she is ugly, so she probably assumes other people think the same. I truly doubt that is true. She needs to get out in the world and look for a man... I myself believe that there is someone out there for everyone.

Have a great day!

1 comments:

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

No I've never heard anyone having a fav butterfly. But who counts neighbor's trees? Berleen & Kimber are a riot and I love complaining about their questions. Have a good one!