Sunday, April 12, 2009

“She’s going to be a girl.”

I babysit in my spare time for a little extra cash. It’s no goldmine, but it does provide me with some fun times and cute chubby cheeks to pinch.

Recently, I was babysitting for my favorite family. Gavin (5) and Mason (2 ½) were just blessed with a brand new baby sister. As we were coloring, I questioned them about what they wanted to be when they grew up.

Gavin quickly responded, “I’m going to be a firefighter.”

Mason followed suit, smiling his cute little smile: “I’m going to be an alligator.”

“And what do you think Delaney is going to be?” Their baby sister is the cutest thing ever. She has a full head of dark hair and sparkling blue eyes.

Gavin didn’t miss a beat, replying in a no-nonsense way- “She’s going to be a girl.”

Ek. I think these boys are having problems wrapping their heads around the fact that they have a little sister.