Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thursday Thunks

Lately my brain has felt like mush. I'm in the middle of writing two papers, studying for finals, dealing with family tragedy, and preparing to move across the state in exactly fifteen days.

I guess it can be expected if I don't exactly know what to write about...

But I didn't want to quit, so I turned to the wonders of Thursday Thunks, a handy little site that provides some wonderful questions for people to talk about each week.

I'm not sure if I'll be continuing this every single week, but I'll probably jump in every once in a while when things look good and interesting.

1. If you could skywrite anything you wanted, what would it be?
I would totally want to skywrite, "I Love You, Honey Bear" in big letters across the sky... I called the boyfriend Honey Bear this morning for no reason at all and it confused him. I think I'll stick to that forever... It might keep his guessing for a little bit anyway.

2. Did you get drunk at your prom?
Nope. I never drank once on Prom night. I never even really drank at all until after my high school graduation, and I have yet to be really drunk.

3. What is your favorite spice to use cooking?
Umm... I don't use spices. I really want to learn how to cook, but until I'm cooking for someone else, I really don't see that happening.

4. What color is your roof?
Black? I'm really not sure.

5. In a land far, far away I _____________
Wouldn't have to write ridiculous papers or Aricle Synopsis. And I would be happy. And the polar bears wouldn't be dying.

6. In the Miss USA pageant, Miss California was asked; "Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalize same sex marriage. Do you think every state should follow suit? Why or why not?" and her answer was; "Well I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. Um, we live in a land that you can choose same sex marriage or opposite marriage and, you know what, in my country and in, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman," Carrie said to a mix of boos and applause. "No offense to anybody out there. But that's how I was raised and that's how I think that it should be between a man and a woman." Do you think that cost her the crown?
Yes. I think that her answer probably affected her score. I mean Perez Hilton was a judge... Do you think he judged her fairly after that answer?

But this is the United States of America and she has the right to answer the question truthfully. Looking back on the situatin, I'm sure she'll be glad she didn't lie because she knew what they were expecting/wanting.

7. Do you watch Miss USA/Miss America pageants?
No, I think pagenants are dumb. My sisters competed in a local one a couple of months ago and I kept telling them- "There only judging you ass-ests." They didn't seem to get my view.

8. Have you ever driven/ridden on a tractor?
No...

But I'm madly in love with a farmer. If I ever make it through the rest of this semester (which surely I will), I'll return home and spend lots of time with him on that tractor.

And I think that's sexy.

9. For the parents - what cartoon/children show did your child watch obsessively? (Hey, if you aren't a parent, maybe a niece or nephew...)
I am not a parent, but my little sister used to love watching Finding Nemo. She would watch it over and over if we let her. Now she loves iCarly, which I actually think is a bit funny.

10. If I set a level on your living room floor - would it show that it was level?
Probably not. I live in a cheeply built apartment building.

11. What was the last restaurant you ate at?
Ruby Tuesday's. I had a really yummy burger.

12. What's the picture on your wall calendar for this month?
I don't have a wall calender. I plan my life around a little agenda I carry everywhere I go.

13. Are you superstitious?
Not too much.

14. If I get into your car and turn on the radio - what type of radio station will I hear?
Country. And I'm totally proud of that fact.

15. Would you rather wake up with a snake in your bed or a lizard?
A lizard. They just are not near as scary. I would probably die if a snake was in my bed.

16. Do you think schools have changed at all since the Columbine tragedy 10 years ago? In what ways?
First off, I can't believe it's been ten years. I vividly remember Columbine and I was only in the fourth grade at the time.

I hope schools have changed since then. We need to pay attention and reach out to students who may be having problems adapting. Furthermore, I am a firm believer is school security. Schools must protect students. Period.

________

Well, that's it for my Thursday Thunks. I think it was an enjoyable experience. We'll see what I'm up to this time next week.

6 comments:

cricketsdrivel said...

::gulp:: You were only in the 4th grade when Columbine happened??

I'm suddenly feeling very old.

Great answers :D

tygerlilly said...

and now *I'm hungry for a burger!! LOL...thanks for stopping by! :)

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Great answers!! 4th grade, oh my! Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great evening and good luck with the paper! Have a great evening!

Sherrie

Rocksee said...

Hey Marla! thanks for the comment.

To be honest.. what really did she expect when she drew perez's name?? I mean did she really not think it would be about something Perez like?? That's all I am saying. I mean everyone's entitled to an opinion.. But really she should have prepared herself better for that.

Mishel said...

So sorry to hear about all that stress! I hate finals lol I did, luckily, get exempt from my Philosophy final w00t Good luck with everything you've got going on!

P.S. Jake Henry is gorgeous. I have a Border Collie too, such a rascal 8) His name is Brody

Ria said...

I feel old!! Glad you like country music.