Saturday, May 23, 2009

Awesome New Things


I have three really awesome new things in my life right now.

First off, I have a shiny new Blackberry Curve. This phone rocks. (Yes, I know it’s a 1 ½ years old, but I wanted to make sure they worked all the kinks out. Plus, I had to keep my old phone for two years.)

It’s ammmmazing. It has really cool facebook, myspace, and twitter applications and an amazing browser. It has this really remarkable sensor in the screen and dims or brightens depending on the light conditions, which means that I can see to text while outside. At night, I can flip on the “phone only” setting which means I won’t get woken up by texts or e-mail. My Blackberry is perfect. I honestly can’t think of one thing I would change on the thing.

And I’m not even getting paid to say that.

My next, life changing, amazing thing would be my new CURLY hair. I got a perm last Tuesday and since then I have spent about fifteen minutes on my hair. I used to spend about thirty minutes a day blow drying and strengthening my hair. Now, I just pick it out and add a little curling spray to my hair. I don’t even have to brush it.

I think it looks cute, too. I like it better straight, but I’m still basking in the amazing-ness of not having to strengthen it. I won’t be going curly for the rest of my life, but I think it’s the PERFECT summer hairstyle.

(Yes, I realize this would be the perfect time to post a pic of my new hair, but I'm lazy and not really feeling up to it. Soon, I promise.)

Last off, I’m starting my new, but not really new, job on Tuesday. I’m working at the same place I did last summer for the USDA Forrest Service. That’s not really the amazing thing though, because I don’t love the job. I love the paycheck I get every two weeks.

My job is pretty easy. I drive around all day checking fences and acting busy. It’s a typical government job. And I have regular paychecks… like once every two weeks. That hasn’t happened since last summer and I’m really looking forward to that.

I’m working on being positive lately. It’s easy when I have so many amazing things going on in my life.

I hope you all have a good weekend.

2 comments:

Spruce Hill said...

I just got one too and I love it. Mine is pink! I love the mobile facebook and twitter too, It is great being able to browse anywhere :)

Scary Mommy said...

I know what you mean--- my iPhone makes me so very happy. Have a wonderful weekend! :)