Monday, May 11, 2009

Home

I am absolutely thrilled beyond belief to be home.


The last several months were dreadfully lonely at school. The people around me didn't seem to understand (or care) about the pain I was going through. No one understood that I was missing my family and mourning the death of two grandparents.

I spent almost every weekend alone. Unless Colby or my family came to visit me, I didn't have anyone to spend time with. I tried, frequently, to make plans with friends. For some reason, they were all too busy for dinner or even a quick chat.

At home, I suddenly feel important. I'm surrounded by people who love and care about me. Heck, even the people at the local Pizza Hut care more about me than the people I lived with for the last two years.

I am absolutely so glad I'm not going back to that place.

We my not have a large shopping center or a movie theater, but our tiny community takes care of their own. I may complain about living in the middle of nowhere, but I'm beginning to think there is no better place to spend my life.

Plus, where else can I watch a gorgeous sunset followed by a sky full of perfect stars?

Thank God for having a place to call home.

2 comments:

Makenzie said...

dont make me cry!!!

cute post!! glad you're home!!

The Grown Up Teenager said...

Ohhhh man, I know how that feels. Going from having a big circle of people who surround you and care to moving somewhere where it feels like no one would notice if you were gone sucks the big one.

Small town livin is where it's at, I tell ya. Also, loving the new blog header. :)