Thursday, June 18, 2009

And I thought I was busy last week!

Boy was I wrong! Harvest started yesterday, totally turning my world upside down.

Here's my schedule:

7:00 AM- Roll out of my bed- grinning. Okay, I'm lying. I'm usually totally pissed when my alarm goes off in the morning. I never feel rested in the morning. I then shower, get dressed and pretty, pack my lunch, eat breakfast, and check blogs if I have anytime at all.

8:15 AM- Leave for work.

8:54 AM- Arrive at work where I have all kinds of fun. I mean, who doesn't like mowing and cleaning up trash. Being the minion totally rocks.

1:00 PM- Eat lunch.

Dreamer

1:19 PM- Glare at my boss as he tries to cut my lunch break short. Does he not realize I'm off the clock for a full 30 minutes?

1:30 PM- Resume being paid.

2:53 PM- Glance at my blackberry and wonder "Why does the time go by so slow??"

4:45 PM- Proclaim- "We have less than an hour Clay!" in a very excited voice.

5:27 PM- Pace by the door, waiting to make my run.

5:30 PM- Knock over my coworkers as I try to be the first one outside. Smile as we pull out of the parking lot.

6:09 PM- Arrive home. Immediately start proclaiming, "What's for supper?"

6:25 PM- Stuff something, usually anything in my mouth. Get on the computer.

7:10 PM- Order Colby and the crew something for dinner from one of the local restaurants. Dream of cooking them a homemade meal, but realize that I barely have enough energy left to drive it fifteen miles to them.

7:35 PM- Pick up dinner.

8:00 PM- Arrive in the middle nowhere when 5+ people happily take dinner off my hands. Usually eat again.

Sunset

9:13 PM- Look at my blackberry and wonder "Where does my time go?"

9:58 PM- Began to insist- "I really need to go home."

10:59 PM- Finally leave the field.

11:19 PM- Arrive home and get ready for bed.

11:42 PM- Finally get to bed, sighing because it's about to start all over.

No wonder I'm tired! That's exhausting just thinking about all of it. I have one question: What vitamins should I be taking right now?

Oh gosh. I'm late again. Where does all my time go?

5 comments:

Cookie said...

I love how time goes slow at work and fast later in the day. So true!

Makenzie said...

agreed!! time with your honey never goes slow enough!!

i am loving your camera and your shots!!

Country Girl said...

What do you do for a living? It sounds like you hate it!! I've had jobs like that before, so I know how it feels.
Don't know where or what the field is. And just reading this makes me feel tired. Don't know how you do it. Nice pics, though!!
Thanks for welcoming me home on my blog.

LouDuk said...

Those are really really beautiful photographs. Proffessional grade work.

http://louduk.blogspot.com/

LouDuk said...

In regards to your comment on my blog:

I am having an amazing summer! It was so annoying! In the end though, it did not surprise me, the jerks. You are very welcome. Thank you for the same.

http://louduk.blogspot.com/