Monday, June 15, 2009

I heart faces! (Sepia Fun)

Hi everyone. I'm really trying to learn more and improve my photography, so I decided to start participating in the I heart faces contest every week. (Well, at least some of the time anyway.)

You should head over to www.iheartfaces.com to check out some of the other amazing entries for this week.



This weeks entry was actually taken last summer at the lake. It's one of the very first pictures I've played with in Photoshop. What do you think?

Jamey & Flag


My new camera is getting closer everyday and my excitement is rising by the second. I just can't wait to really dive into photography and capture more memories.

13 comments:

Momma Sunshine said...

Love the photo! :)

Laurel said...

I love the twinkle in her eye! Good luck with your new camera - very exciting!

Carmen said...

Great picture!

Marla said...

Hi Marla, I couldn't help but notice your entry on I Heart Faces, I'm Marla too. :)

Lovely picture! What kind of new camera are you getting?

Angie said...

This is a really neat photo. I love the color contrast!

Marla said...

Another Marla! Hi! Thanks for stopping by. I like this photo - it makes me think of days camping on the lake over July 4th as a kid. I like that you kept the color of the flag in the photo.

kimber said...

Wonderful picture...can't believe it was taken with a point and shoot! You are going to ROCK with your new camera. You seem to be a natural behind the lens!! Thanks for the kind comment on my blog. I really like the patriotic feel of this picture. It's fantastic!

American in Norway said...

Beautiful!... I love that you kept the flag in color! Nice job!

Pam D said...

Very nice! I love the color in the flag and the sparkle in the girl's eyes. Congrats on your camera; I have one like it and I love it. Looks like you're doing a good job of learning Photoshop, too! Thanks for stopping by my blog today...

Becca said...

This looks great! I love the editing and coloring :-)

Sarah said...

Great entry! The editing looks really nice! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!

The Royal Family said...

thanks for the comment. Cute! I love the eyes and the flag Sepia is fun!

The Buzz,
Brandy

Kelli Stuart said...

thanks for taking the time to check out my blog! i love meeting other people who share my passion for photography. i love your picture as well. it's a wholesome slice of americana and it completely warms my heart to look at it. many blessings!