Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I Skipped Work Today

And I no longer feel bad about it.

I woke up this morning totally exhausted. My body was aching and my throat was stuffy. While brushing my teeth, I had an asthma attack. It wasn't horrible, but it didn't make me excited about work.

I'm a "Forestry Aid" for the USDA. I have to do a lot of crappy outside work that sometimes involves running around in weeds. I probably could have made it through the day without having another asthma attack, but I was already feeling bad so I just decided to call in sick.

I had the hardest time deciding not to go. I really wanted to stay home, but I felt bad for some reason. Of course, my brother and Colby reminded me, "They give you sick days for a reason. Stay home."

Of course, I took a little nap and I no longer feel bad. I definitely made the right decision.

2 comments:

Andrea's Sweet Life said...

Good for you! We all need a sick day once in awhile. Enjoy it!

Makenzie said...

i am just like that!! i feel so guilty!!