Friday, July 24, 2009

Curtain Call

I might be mistaken, but I believe Colby just told me that harvest is finally over.

I could be hallucinating though, because I've been dreaming of this day for about a month.

I would get whiny about harvest and Colby would say, "Just wait, we are going to go on vacation when this is all over. We will go somewhere nice and cool- the mountains."

His words would calm me for about ten minutes and then I would once again grow sick of riding around in circles. I mean, have you ever sat in a combine for twelve straight hours? Do you know how many times I've had to "squirt the dirt" while riding around with that man? They don't put public bathrooms in the middle of wheat fields.

smcombine040

Anyway, I think I might have survived it. Either that, or I'm having a very realistic dream.

The combines have been cleaned and put back in barns. All the wheat in the four state area is cut and I'm so very sick of eating Pizza Hut on the back tailgate of a pickup.

Vacation time has finally arrived and we are leaving for Colorado Springs sometime today.

smcombine051

You might not hear from me for a few days. Believe me, it will be okay- I'm getting a much needed change in scenery.

2 comments:

Makenzie said...

have a GREAT time!! i cant wait to see the photos you bring back with you!!

sunnyme said...

Have fun on your well deserved vacation!