Saturday, July 18, 2009

Grasshopper Whisper

smgrasshopper029

I cannot explain how sick of harvest I am. Seriously. I met this little (actually huge) guy last weekend in the field. Colby has been cutting wheat for about five million years... or something like four weeks. He keeps telling me that they are almost done, but then something else comes up. It is actually storming outside right now. That would be perfectly okay, but they can't cut in a storm.

Here is the update on my brother: I bailed him out of jail on Thursday. He's is probably going to get out of most of the big charges but we will find out next week when they charge them. I'm pretty aggravated at him right now, but I'm trying to deal with it calmly. We haven't explained the whole situation to our boss at work yet because he's been on vacation.

I do have some happy news. I get to go on vacation next. We are going to go rafting in Colorado Springs on Saturday morning and then ride a train up Pikes Peak on Sunday morning. I am so completely excited!

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend.

2 comments:

Makenzie said...

do all the animals smile for your camera now? :)

hope all works out with your brother!!

that sounds like a fabulous vacation- and much needed as well!! have a great time!!

and thanks for the help on okc! ;-)

sunnyme said...

I hope you have fun on your vacation!