Tuesday, July 7, 2009

i heart faces- Patriotic edition



I didn't have a traditional 4th of July celebration this year.

There was no parade or cook-out. I did watch fireworks, but only from the cramped cab of a pickup. A rare summer storm struck our area right as the night festivities began.

I'm not complaining though. I had a delightful time with the man I love.

combine016

Plus, what could possibly be more patriotic then working hard all day long? Colby's job is essential to the economy of our country. People are always going to need food.

combine009

This is the backbone of our great country.



And I honestly couldn't be happier anywhere else in the world.

graintruck030

Head on over to i heart faces to see more wonderful patriotic pictures. You'll be very happy you did.

May God bless America.

7 comments:

kaTie said...

love your pictures. they're beautiful!

Life with Kaishon said...

Oh my goodness, gracious! I LOVE this post! I was trying to think how to incorporate my love for farming and farms into the patriotic post. I LOVE your pictures. So much, it borders on ridiculous! That sillohuete is AWESOME! Way to go!

Makenzie said...

thanks, Colby!!!

JUST ME, THE MOM said...

Gorgeous blog and a wonderful 4th of July post! The photos are beautiful and what a true thought you share.

Thank you for stopping by with a comment:)

Kristin

Dayna said...

I love the post and the pics. I'm not sure where you are, but it is absolutely beautiful! To have that view is something special!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment!

Billykidd said...

absolutely gorgeous scenery shots. some of my favorite this week! LOVE your combine sunset shot. makes me want to go back and visit my grandma on her farm in idaho... one of my FAVORITE places to be.

Ps... Poor Blizzard!!

Marla said...

Beautiful story & beautiful shots - love the sunset shot. Can't wait to show this to my son - he LOVES tractors, combines, basically any type of farm equipment. Thanks for stopping by and checking on me and my blog - again! Made my day!