Thursday, July 30, 2009

Seven Falls

Prepare to be overwhelmed by pictures from my vacation.

I took pictures of everything I came across. I think I can home with about twelve million picture files to wade through, but that's okay. I live in the flattest area in America. Of course, I'm going to take advantage of beautiful mountain scenery!

The first day of our trip we stopped by Seven Falls. Neither one of use had ever been there before and we just happened to stumble upon it as soon as we came into Colorado Springs.

smsevenfalls060

I was way amazed by the view way before we got to the waterfall. The rocks leading up to the entry were even pretty!

smchipmunksign048

Cute little chipmunks were running all around. People would feed them and they were actually quite friendly. Isn't this the funniest sign ever? (Well, not ever, but I like it.)

smstairs053

We soon discovered that we had to climb like a million stairs to get to the top of the waterfall.

smstairs125

And I do mean I million. (This picture makes my tummy feel all flippy floppy. We were way far up in the sky!)

But it was totally worth it in the end.

smsevenfalls063

smwaterfall082

smwaterfall143

smwaterfall156

It was probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I recommend it if you happen to ever be going through Colorado Springs.

We posed for a few pictures and then happily headed off for our next adventure.

smmarla096

smmarla&colby123


Don't worry. I've still got three more days and twelve million pictures to talk about. This vacation is going to fill up the blog for a little while.

0 comments: