Saturday, July 4, 2009

Teamwork

Wheat harvest is still going on, slowly sucking the life out of me.

Teamwork

Colby's operation is almost totally family ran. This is his grandpa. At 75, he still works about twelve hours a day during harvest. It amazes me how much teamwork goes into running a successful farming operation. Yes, sometimes it gets a little tense, but at the end of the day, Colby knows his family has his back.

I didn't go to the lake for the long weekend. Instead, I stayed home to spend time with Colby. We've been working about sixteen hour long days. I'm going to go watch fireworks with some friends from high school tonight. It shall be a total blast.

I want to wish you all an amazing 4th of July. I am so thankful for the servicemen and women who have served our country through the years and given me my freedom.

May God bless the USA and each and every one of you.

3 comments:

The Grown Up Teenager said...

Wheat harvest is pure insanity heaped on top of awesome, isn't it? Ours hasn't started yet but when it does, I do two things: work and sleep. Social life? What social life?

Ah well. I'd rather be out here than sitting with my butt in traffic driving to an office day after day. Remind me of that when I want to kill someone at harvest time, will ya?

onceinabluemoon... said...

i enjoy your blog, just been reading back thru your posts, great pics too~ hope you have your school situation worked out and you have a pretty fun job in an abstract kinda way!

Life with Kaishon said...

Farmers work so hard. And it is a never ending TIRELESS job! I love Grandparents!