Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ugh. Ek. Dang.

I have a problem.

My alarm clock will be going off in about an hour and a half. It's 2:58 AM and I'm awake. Tomorrow we are supposed to be going to work early to beat the heat, but I've ran into serious trouble.

I slept from 10:30-12:02... At 12:02 my phone started ringing the wonder "Barbie Girl" ringtone I have set for my little brother. I groggily answered, wondering what in the hell could he possibly want.

"Marla, I'm sorry but I'm not going to make it to work. I'm going to jail."

I was stunned, but he quickly reassured me that he was defiantly serious and knew he was in big trouble.

He informed me that he was being booked for an minor in possession. My brother has never drank once in his life. He's a wonderful kid- never been and trouble and refuses to do anything drug or alcohol related.

You are probably wondering how he's now ended up in jail. Well, some of his old friends from high school have gotten a little wild since going to college. Clay often goes to parties to hang out and then drives all the drunk teens home.

Last night (tonight, several hours ago, or whatever) the party Clay was at got busted by a bunch of cops. Clay and the whole rest of them were all booked and taken to the county jail. He know has to wait until morning to find out what fines he will be paying. Obviously, he won't be going to work with me in an hour.

I spent an hour talking to my parents and then another two hours tossing and turning. I have a huge suspicion that I will not be asleep before that alarm clock goes off. Our work tomorrow involves about three hours of driving through the dang desert. I have a feeling that I will not be awake enough to operate a motor vehicle.

Ugh. Now I have to decide whether or not to call in tomorrow. Should I explain that my stupid kid brother got his ass thrown in jail? Should I say we are both deathly ill? Who do I call three hours before they open the office?

I think I'll just say we are having a family emergency that we will explain later. And then make Clay explain the whole situation.

Oh yes, he took a breathalyzer, so he will be able to prove that he wasn't drinking.

3 comments:

Makenzie said...

oh man!! poor kid!!! why do the straight arrows always get in trouble??!! while the other kids never do- or dont have the guilty conscience to never do it again??

hope your day works out!

sunnyme said...

Oh my... I hope your day wasn't too bad. How did you explain your situationat work?

I hope your little brother came out of jail already. Sometimes little brothers are not a blessing.

kilax said...

What a bummer!