Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jamey

Dear J-Bird,

I can't believe that you're actually seven today. I remember you birth so vividly. I was thirteen and very annoyed that I was left at Grandpa's and Grandma's for three days while Mom was in labor. I remember playing Monopoly with Clay and discussing what could possibly be taking you so long to arrive. We were all so excited for you to be born.

jamey 12 days 3

Grammy and Aunt Martha took Clay, Shay, Ashley, Clint and me to visit you a few hours after you were finally delivered. I remember we started loving all over you, giving you kisses and admiring your tiny little feet. That's when Dad informed us that you hadn't yet had a bath so we were essentially kissing a baby who had been soaking in her own pee for nine months. Yucky.

Did you know that we used to fight over who got to hold you? It truly happened. Even Clay and Clint would get in arguments over who's turn it was to hold little Jamey. I know we might not act like it, but your siblings all adore you.

james&stormy college

j with baby 19mth WITHOUT FOOT

I remember the day you took your first steps. It was early June and Mom, Shay, Ashley, and I were all playing on the floor with you. We were encouraging you to stand and you eventually got your balance. Before long, you took one clumsy little step. Your sisters (myself included) all screeched in surprise. Of course, your eyes then got big and you fell flat on your little butt. Soon after, everything changed as you began to terrorize our house with your ability to move.

jameywalking11months

jamey playing piano 18 mths 2

You were always a sassy little squirt. Not long after you started walking, you began to start calling people by their names. You knew everyone's names- expect for mine. You would call me "Shay" when I was in the room and then "Marla" when I was gone. It was obvious that you were purposely taunting me. One day, you became obsessed with Finding Nemo and started to call me "Dory." It stuck and now most of our immediate family calls me "Dory" too.

jamey on tractor 3

jameysmiling3rdbd

Time passed quickly and before I knew it you were all grown up and starting school. I'm so excited that I don't have to leave for school in a few days. I'm only going to be two hours away and I'll probably be home every single weekend. Don't worry; you can come visit me anytime and swim in my pool.

ws-marla&jamey3

Jamey, you are such a sweet little girl. I'm blessed to have you in my life. Know that your big sister will always be here to help you out if you ever need anything.

I love you,

Dory

1 comments:

Makenzie said...

that is so sweet!! happy birthday, jamey!!