Monday, August 24, 2009

Nostalgia (I Heart Faces)

This week at I heart faces the theme is nostalgia.

Being the country girl that I am, this picture really makes me think about the past and those who came before me.

smvintcolbysgrandpa013

Since I'm from an agriculture family and in love with a farmer, I often get to see scenes like this. This is my boyfriends 75 year-old Grandfather during wheat harvest this summer. Farming around here is very much a family ordeal and everyone helps out. He still works with the rest of the family, wearing his old overalls and a John Dear cap.

Be sure to head over to I heart faces to see more awesome pictures. You won't regret it.

4 comments:

Bunch of Barrons said...

great picture!

Hayley said...

Such a beautiful photo!
Kind of reminds me of my 80 year old Grandfather... who went M.I.A. 3 weeks after a triple by-pass surgery {heart}, only to be found out droving!! There is just something about a farmer that makes him invincible!

Marla said...

Coming from a farming family, this made me smile - My grandfather - at 90 y.o. still continues to work around the farm, and this reminds me of him. Love the sepia image as well - Looks as if this could have been taken many, many years ago.

Carmen said...

I love your picture. I would love to live on a farm...