Monday, August 10, 2009

Summer Sunset

One of my favorite times to take pictures is right at sunset. It can be a bit tricky because of the rapidly changing light, but the effects are always awesome.

smsunset027

This weekend, I had the pleasure of driving around the farm with Colby at sunset. It was the perfect time to take several breathtaking pictures.

smsunset060

It's times like these when I forget to worry about the little things.

smsprinklerincorn020

I don't worry about having a ton of things to do before school starts. I forget all about the fact that I'm low on funds to pay for school...

smsunset019

Instead, I marvel in the fact that it's summer and I'm having a wonderful night. Everything feels absolutely right.

smsprinkler012

The sprinklers are all running. For once, there is nothing to fix. (That's quite the thing right there.)

smpinkcloud005

The corn crop is growing and growing. It actually looks like there might be record breaking harvests this year.

smsunset001

The beauty of it all surrounds me and sometimes I'm afraid to blink.

smcolby057

Spending time with Colby is always amazing, but it's times like this that I truly treasure.

smcolby054

And I really couldn't ask for anything more.

1 comments:

Makenzie said...

beautiful!!! :)
thanks for reminding us of the "small" things in life!